Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Bad day turned into a good day....

Today didn't start off too good.  While I was in the shower, Clayton decided it would be fun to take Coconut's food (Coco is the cat) and mix it in with her water, and pour it all over my brand new quilt on my bed.  He specifically laid out the throw pillows perfectly and dumped it all over the pillows.  It was like it was in slow motion.  I could see he was up to something, but didn't know the extent of what he was doing.  Needless to say, he had a very long time out in his bedroom.  So I decided it would be time to go outside and tire him out so while he napped I could get to work on cleaning my quilt and all he wanted to do was to swing.  So we sat in the swing for a good 30 minutes watching the planes (he loves to watch the planes fly over our house) and one second he was talking about the planes and the next second he was sound asleep.  I actually got him out of the swing and into his bed without him waking up which is a huge accomplishment.  It turned into a really good day.  He hasn't napped for me for weeks, so this is seriously the best day ever!!!

1 comment:

Jocelyn Allan said...

I say YAAYYYY for being able to play outside! I am a BIG fan of playing out instead of in--much less mess. I get so happy when it's summer so that my kids will stay outside!